Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chicken Chimichangas

My friend is a cook. What do I mean? She makes dinner every night. Not opening a box but makes dinner. I love these and the kids will eat them. I will give you the recipe as I got it and then tell you what I do.

2 1/2 cup chopped chicken 1/2 tsp oregano
2/3 cup salsa 1/2 tsp salt
1/3 green onion, minced 8 flour tortillas
3/4 - 1 tsp cumin 1/4 cup shredded cheese

Combine chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano and salt in bow. Spoon about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture onto center of tortilla, you must microwave tortilla to make it roll able, I do 12 seconds. Top with 2 Tbs. cheese. Fold and place seam-side down in 9 x 13 inch pan. Brush tops with melted butter. Bake in preheated oven at 475 for about 13 minutes or until golden brown. Top with guacamole, sour cream, etc.


I put in 1/2 tsp of cumin because it can be a little powerful to me. I also use more cheese because I LOVE it. Today I didn't have green onions so we are going without. I try to have some mild salsa on hand for this recipe because the kiddos can't handle the heat. Today I only have medium so we are having milk with dinner.

No comments: