Wednesday, April 23, 2008

100 Things

This seems a little impossible so bear with me:
1. My given name is Samantha April Christine Rowe and I have always loved having two middle names.
2. I have an older brother no sisters.
3. I am a mama's girl and I have no problem with that.
4. I lived in the same house the first 20 years of my life and never even moved around the furniture.
5. In the past 12 years I have lived 9 places.
6. This is the longest I have lived in one home since The Captain and I were married.
7. I take my wedding ring off at night because I heard that the sheets can wear down the prongs and you could lose your diamond but I don't love my husband any less.
8. Flossing bugs me but I do it anyway.
9. My fingernails only grow to a certain point and then they peel and break off.
10. My hand are always dry so I love to find new lotions and potions to keep them soft enough my husband with still hold my hand.
11. I think my husband is still the most handsome, hottie I know.
12. I think my kids are really cute and not just because they are my own but because they really are. Does that sound snobby?
13. I love lots of hugs and kisses from my kids every day even if they don't.
14. I sleep alone about half the month.
15. Really I sleep without Scotty half the month and with Wm. about 6 days a month. He sneaks in bed and I don't know he is there until I get a foot to the rib.
16. When I was about 12 I thought I would surprise my parents by singing a song for the school talent show, I church school. So I get up there with my record to lip sink "Like a Virgin" when my dad, who was running the music saw what I wanted to sing and wanted me to sing Surgeon when the word Virgin came up. Lets just say I ran off the stage crying in my neon orange shirt and my black pleather skirt.
17. I also had a really really curly perm in fifth grade with a beautiful sheeny gloss.
18. My great grandma was on the Titanic and she lived.
19. I have never worn makeup unless you count cover-up and lip gloss.
20. I am 31 and hardly ever tell people the right age just because I don't really care how old I am, yet.
21. I love ice cream, mint chocolate chip but only the one with the fine chips not the really big chips.
22. Anything that is foamy make my skin crawl and I gag when I touch it.
23. I love fruit.
24. I am good with vegetables.
25. I would eat more of both if I had a chef to prepare them for me.
26. I love to cook.
27. I hate doing dishes.
28. Cleaning toilets ranks pretty low on fun things to do, especially with two little boys.
29. My favorite color is, well I don't really have one favorite I can appreciate lots of colors but it depends on what the color is for.
30. I would rather sing in a choir than sing a solo.
31. In general I am not a competitive person. I mean I am less competitive than you.
32. I am never ever sarcastic.
33. Spanking doesn't work.
34. Time out doesn't seem to work but I do it anyway.
35. I never want my kids to be teenagers.
36. My kids need to know how to write a thank you card.
37. I love paper/stationary.
38. I enjoy a good pen.
39. It is difficult for me to sit in a chair like a normal person. Like now I have my legs all wrapped around. It is just more comfortable that way.
40. When I go to someones house I don't like to be asked to take off my shoes. I know all the dirt and stuff but gross.
41. I crave lemons and limes on a daily basis.
42. I am not pregnant.
43. For a very short time I was on my high school golf team.
44. As a child I was required to take golf lessons.
45. My short game is acceptable, my long game, not so great.
46. I am usually pretty honest and tell people what I am thinking.
47. I was a cheerleader in middle school.
48. In my parents home they have a huge mirror and my brother and I would compete for mirror time. We did to Michael.
49. When I was in about 3rd grade my brother threw my Cabbage Patch a Birthday party.
50. I had my own room most of my life.
51. Up until I had children I could put my legs behind my head.
52. I believe in Chiropractors.
53. I am getting tired of saying 'I'
54. I know the difference between butter and margarine
55. I love onions
56. and garlic
55. and sauerkraut
56. Whenever I see a girl sitting in the middle of a pickup next to her man I say to myself "helpin him drive" I don't know why. I guess I am a little crazy.
57. I wear glasses, contacts make my eyes hurt.
58. I have two tattoos. moon and a flower
59. I like talk radio which means I am old.
60. I like the country music station
61. I watch TV and will not make excuses.
62. Reading is great but haven't found the ideal time to read.
63. I keep a journal for each of my kids.
64. I see deer on almost a daily basis
65. We live on the side of a mountain. Really.
66. I have been to Switzerland with my Grandma Dot!
67. I have a testimony.
68. My skin tends to be dry so I am big on lotion.
69. The wind makes me angry.
70. I am a googler
71. I don't care for black and white movies. I don't know why.
72. The older I get the more crooked my teeth get.
73. My favorite seasons are spring and fall.
74. I love shoes, mostly sandals.
75. I prefer to go barefoot
76. I had the same teacher for two years in a row.
77. My favorite teachers were always English teachers.
78. I can fit the top of a pop can in my mouth.
79. I love to take pictures and prefered film up until recently.
80. I really like black and white pictures.
81. When I have my picture taken I have a crazy vain pop out. Yikes.
82. I like swimming but don't really like hot tubs.
83. I like to have my bed made every day but if it isn't I don't freak out.
84. I could vacuum everyday and still not feel like the carpet is clean. Food, kids and any sort of paper just don't add up to great looking carpet.
85. I have olive green carpet.
86. I can blow air out my eyes.
87. I have a noisy smile.
88. I like kids in general.
89. Boogery noses make me gag.
90. A lot of things make me gag.
91. I like Carol King, Jimmy Buffett, James Taylor and other oldies.
92. I am not a fighter.
93. I hate scary movies. The Sixth Sense about sent me into labor.
94. I think I might like Sushi.
95. I love calendars.
96. There is no other job I would rather have than mommy.
97. I have skills at transforming transformers.
98. I talk to my brother every few months. I try!
99. Whining wears on me.
100. I am so happy I am done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, so I read this about a hundred days ago, and LOVED it! I was laughing out loud on most of them.... you are one funny gal!