Friday, April 4, 2008

Doll Cake



El's only request for her birthday was that it was purple. I had a cake pan for this doll cake and thought we would give it a shot. I think it turned out pretty good considering I have never taken a cake decorating class and had to come up with my own design because the one in the directions required math skills or something. My favorite part on the evening was when I handed my nephew the doll and asked if he wanted to lick some of the frosting off. He said yes and licked her hair? After that he was a little embarrassed and decided frosting wasn't worth the drama. El actually go two cakes a grocery store cake on her birthday and the doll cake the day after when the fam came over. She looks a little like sheep dog but some days she just won't let me get that hair out of her face, and I love to see her little face.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

She is such a pretty little girl! I am super impressed at your craftiness with the cake.