Friday, April 11, 2008

The Derby

Ethan before the race!

The Car

My child mining for gold.

To keep thing fair a picture of both cars. Equally wonderful cars.

Thursday night was E Mans first pine wood derby. The Captian asked if he wanted his car to look good or go fast and Et said look good. His dad designed a racer from Star Wars. The Captain took both the boys to Idaho and my very kind Uncle Larry, master wood guy, helped make Scott's plans look good. Scott spent two days painting and all the other things that come with making a derby car. Ethan won his first heat and ended up 6th over all, there were about 16 cars. Of course I think he should have gotten best design and by that I mean Scott should have gotten best design. Wm. even got to race a pine wood derbry car Grandpa Rick gave him. Wm. was so excited to be able to race. I was so happy he got to have a little glory. There was only on boy, that I know of, that shed tears. I am very happy it was neither of my sons but I was preparing all day. Our ward is pretty good spirited about the whole thing and I think that made it a better experience. My sympathy to all of you with little boys who will one day go through the drama. Only 360more days, or so, until the next Pine wood Derby, Wm. is already counting down.

1 comment:

Danette said...

Hi there,
I'm glad you stopped in on my blog and left a comment. I just figured out who you are, Kylan and Kirsten set me straight!
Those derby cars rock. I hate the pinewood derby. Kylan is, how should I say this, not so handy with the tools! You would think otherwise since he is going to be a surgeon and all. Our cars never even came close to looking that amazing. Love your blog and keep up the good work without drinking soda...it's bad bad bad for you!